Resource Watch Terms of Service
World Resources Institute
10 G Street NE, Suite 800
Washington, DC 20002
Welcome to Resource Watch, a product of World Resources Institute (WRI). The services available through Resource Watch and the Resource Watch website, resourcewatch.org, are collectively referred to as the “Services”. By using the Services, you agree to be bound by these Terms of Service and any future updates (collectively, the "Terms").
Your use of the Services does not give you any ownership rights in the intellectual property of the Services or in its contents.
- In order to use most Services, you must register for a Resource Watch account. When you use our application program interfaces (APIs), each request to an API must include one of your account's unique API keys.
- You agree to attribute the Services in line with our Attribution Requirements, available at resourcewatch.org/api-attribution-requirements.
- You are solely responsible for Your use of the Services and all activity that occurs under Your Account, including any use of your API keys. You agree to indemnify, hold harmless and, at our request, defend WRI and our related persons from all liability arising from Your use of the Services, Your Content (as defined below), or Your violation of these Terms.
- You agree to use the Services and its contents only for lawful purposes and not to defame, harass or threaten any one or to make available any obscene, pornographic or offensive material. You may not use the Services in any manner that could damage or overburden the Services or interfere with any other party’s use of the Services.
- WRI may change the features and functions of the Services, including APIs, over time. It is your responsibility to ensure that your use of the Services is compatible with the then-current APIs.
- WRI may cancel or suspend your access to the Services at any time and for any reason, without notice. Upon cancellation or suspension, your right to use the Services will end immediately. You may not have access to your Content stored on the Services.
2. WRI CONTENT AND THIRD-PARTY CONTENT
The Services incorporate content, data, and information from others, including You. While WRI may review any content, and remove it if it violates the law, these Terms or our policies, WRI does not commit to review all content, and You should not rely on WRI to do so.
- All content displayed on or accessible through the Services are protected by United States copyright laws. Many datasets are made available under open licenses. Nonetheless, each dataset carries its own license, which is listed in the dataset metadata, and on the dataset’s page on the Resource Watch website. You must comply with the licenses of our dataset sources.
3. YOUR CONTENT
Your Content means content owned by or licensed to you that you submit to WRI or store in the Services. You retain ownership of Your Content.
- You hereby grant WRI a non-exclusive, worldwide, royalty-free, transferable right and license (with the right to sublicense), to use, copy, publish, display, distribute, modify, create derivative works, and store Your Content and to allow others to do so, without any obligation to You, even if You stop using the Services.
4. DISCLAIMERS AND LIMITATIONS
YOU AGREE THAT YOUR USE OF THE SERVICES AND ITS CONTENT IS AT YOUR SOLE RISK. WRI MAKES NO PROMISES OR COMMITMENTS ABOUT THE SERVICES OR THEIR CONTENT, AND THE SERVICES AND CONTENT ARE PROVIDED ON AN “AS IS” BASIS AND WITHOUT WARRANTIES OR REPRESENTATIONS OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED. TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, WRI DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES, STATUTORY, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, TITLE, AND NON-INFRINGEMENT.
- WHEN USING THE SERVICES YOU MAY BE EXPOSED TO USER SUBMISSIONS AND OTHER THIRD PARTY CONTENT ("NON-WRI CONTENT"), AND SOME OF THIS CONTENT MAY BE INACCURATE, OFFENSIVE, INDECENT, OR OTHERWISE OBJECTIONABLE. WE DO NOT ENDORSE ANY NON-WRI CONTENT. UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES WILL WRI BE LIABLE FOR OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE NON-WRI CONTENT, INCLUDING FOR ANY INACCURACIES, ERRORS, OR OMISSIONS IN ANY NON-WRI CONTENT, ANY INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY INFRINGEMENT WITH REGARD TO ANY NON-WRI CONTENT, OR FOR ANY LOSS OR DAMAGE OF ANY KIND INCURRED AS A RESULT OF THE USE OF ANY NON-WRI CONTENT.
- UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES WILL WRI BE LIABLE FOR ANY SPECIAL, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, OR EXEMPLARY DAMAGES (INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION, LOSS OF PROFITS, DATA, OR USE OR COST OF COVER) RESULTING FROM YOUR USE OR THE INABILITY TO USE THE SERVICES OR THEIR CONTENTS, EVEN IF WRI WAS AWARE OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. IN NO EVENT WILL WRI HAVE ANY LIABILITY TO YOU FOR ALL CLAIMS OR DAMAGES FOR ANY REASON IN EXCESS OF ONE HUNDRED DOLLARS ($100 USD). CERTAIN JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW EXCLUSIONS OR LIMITATIONS ON IMPLIED WARRANTIES OR LIMITATIONS ON LIABILITY, AND THEREFORE SOME OR ALL OF THE DISCLAIMERS, EXCLUSIONS, OR LIMITATIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU, AND YOU MAY HAVE ADDITIONAL RIGHTS.
5. DMCA COMPLIANCE
If You are a copyright owner or an agent thereof, and believe that any content on the Services infringes Your copyrights, You may send a notice in writing to World Resources Institute Tel: + 1 (202) 729-7600 E-mail: [email protected] with the following information:
Your signature as a person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed;
- Identification of the exact location on the Services of copyrighted work claimed to have been infringed, or, if multiple copyrighted works on the Services are covered by a single notification, a representative list of such works as located on the Services;
- The address, telephone number, and e-mail address of the complaining party;
- A statement that the complaining party has a good faith belief that use of the material in the manner complained of is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law; and
- A statement that the information in the notification is accurate, and under penalty of perjury, that the complaining party is authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed.
6. ADDITIONAL TERMS
WRI reserves the right to modify these Terms at any time. All changes are effective immediately upon posting on the Resource Watch website. You should review these terms regularly for changes. Your continued use of the Services constitutes Your binding acceptance of the active Terms.
- The laws of the State of New York, U.S.A., excluding New York's conflict of laws provisions, apply to any dispute about the Services, their content or these Terms. The U.N. Convention on Contracts for the International Sale of Goods doesn't apply. All claims arising out of or relating to these Terms will be litigated exclusively in the courts in and for New York City, New York, USA, and You consent to the personal jurisdiction of those courts.
- If WRI does not promptly enforce the Terms, WRI has not given up any other rights or the right to enforce them or other Terms in the future.
- If any particular provision of these Terms is not enforceable, that doesn't affect the enforceability of any other provision of the Terms.
- These Terms are between You and WRI, and no one else can enforce them.
- These Terms are the entire statement of the agreement between You and WRI regarding the Services and their contents.